This is a popular human recipe but since kale is a highly nutritious vegetable that is rich in anti-oxidants, Mommy is happy to share this tasty and healthy snack with Preston. If you are not a big fan of kale (like Mommy), you will be surprised how yummy the crispy kale is.
There are many recipes of crispy kale online. Mommy’s recipe is based on one of her favorite food blogs: SteamyKitchen-Baked Crispy Kale.
Ingredients (scale up if needed):
5 cups of leafy kale, torn into bite-sized pieces, thick stems removed.
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt/seasoning salt (for humans)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Wash and dry kale thoroughly (very important!)
3. Drizzle olive oil over the kale and toss with your hands until all surfaces are coated.
4. Spread the kale evenly on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Toss slightly at the 10 minutes and check every 2 minutes from this point on until the leaves turn crispy. Remove the kale from the oven immediately. (This step is tricky. Mommy burnt two batches before finally figuring out the right timing)
5. Save some unseasoned crispy kale for your pooch! Sprinkle the remaining crispy kale with salt/seasoning salt.
Crispy kale vs. raw kale. Preston sure knows the difference…
These days, Preston puts on his best behavior when Mommy mentions “Bison Bites”.
When choosing Preston’s treats, Mommy likes them to be simple, natural, healthy and of course, yummy. Dr. Becker’s Bites® are Mommy’s exciting new finds!
These crunchy treats come in three flavors: Bison (made with bison liver & bison heart), Beef (beef liver) and Veggies (2/3 veggies & 1/3 bison liver). Preston has tried all three and love them all.
Don’t they look like tortilla chips? Preston will tell you they are BETTER than tortilla chips!
Valentine’s day is always a splurge day for Preston (Mommy and Daddy too). His treat this year is especially sweet.
Mike’s Pastry is Boston’s most famous pastry shop. This place is so well-known even Preston knows about it.
Apparently, Preston has had his eyes on the pastry box all night since the moment Mommy and Daddy came home with it. He does not need anyone to tell him what “Mike’s Pastry” is and where Mommy kept the pastries.
Past Valentine’s day splurges, 2007, 2008 and 2009.